My photo
I am a typical blonde however I do love to write and cough up my creativity onto lined paper as a story, in the future I would like to be either a journalist or author, but hey who knows. But it is a vision I am fiercely chasing, for the moment this blog is a mix of a 16/17 year olds life- fashion, music,and other nonsense. Likeable things :) Records, Ticking clocks, nerdy things, torchwood, West Ends, Potter, and Converse, music, pendants, summer dresses and hair bows, blonde hair in a messy bun, art, guitar, LUSH, topshop,Fern, jack wills, Bath the city, tea with sugar please, exercise, SWIMMING is a passion, reading, candles, watermelon, ipod, perfumes, nina ricci, the wolfpack, AlexKatieTheaRoisinRhiannon, & humming along to unknown tunes.

Blog Archive

Thursday 12 July 2012

Work Experience :)

So this week has been work experience and I have to say I have been extremely lucky to be where I was.

I was with the Therapeutic Media Company who film and document the lives of people and try to get them on a platform to be noticed, they also work with charities and do a lot of other really good work to do with autism or kids with communication difficulties.
First time I stepped into Matthew Hemson's house who was the man I was following, I was surprised at how genuine and really kind he was. He was holding a macbook and an iPad and I was like 'ok.. I like you already' and he greeted me really warmly and I couldn't wait to get started.
On the first day I went to a cultural festival in Bristol and was a 'official photographer' this was probably the best day for me because I was mostly behind my lens doing what I love and capturing peoples amazed faces.
Then on Monday it was a trip to document these 60 schoolchildren building their own playpark- it was so cute! I took some more artistic photo's playing with the scene and environment but that was a really good experience too!
Tuesday was a meeting with Barnado's about TMC doing a partnership with them, and me and the other work experience guy got to pitch a bit too which was pretty cool to be honest, it was definitely an alternative view to the company.
Wendesday.. well I'm not going to lie to you, whilst John (other guy) edited some filming they had done (he is actually a really gifted film-maker) Matthew the man I was with let me compose some of my own music on his vintage but lovely guitar and it has the best sound I have ever known. Anyway I strummed up some 'genius' stuff and there was a possibility that it would be used in his documentary on dementia care that he is filming soon! Wooo.
Thursday being the last day we went through my first ever drive thru (correct spelling? meh) and also visited a therapeutic sensory room in a autistic school in Bath- it was absolutely amazing and we were there to sort of raise the guy who had made it, to raise his profile. He was so shy it was really cute but he was a real genius and I hope he gets the praise he deserves.
I think my work experience has opened my eyes and made me realise that perhaps photography is for me, maybe upgrade my camera yes but I am seriously thinking about it.. Especially as Matthew offered me the chance to have my photos on his website- copyright and all.. I mean seriously I was not expecting it. Here are some of the unedited ones that I took straight away without anything. They are from different days:










Anyway I really appreciated what Matthew and Arabella did for us, and how they greeted us with such enthusiasm it was like I wanted the work experience to last forever. They are such kind people and do so much for others, if I make it as a photographer I probably owe them for it. Next step? Get a better camera and get a placement for sport photography next year.

Next post Duke of Edinburgh expedition.. if I come back sane....

No comments:

Post a Comment