My photo
I am a typical blonde however I do love to write and cough up my creativity onto lined paper as a story, in the future I would like to be either a journalist or author, but hey who knows. But it is a vision I am fiercely chasing, for the moment this blog is a mix of a 16/17 year olds life- fashion, music,and other nonsense. Likeable things :) Records, Ticking clocks, nerdy things, torchwood, West Ends, Potter, and Converse, music, pendants, summer dresses and hair bows, blonde hair in a messy bun, art, guitar, LUSH, topshop,Fern, jack wills, Bath the city, tea with sugar please, exercise, SWIMMING is a passion, reading, candles, watermelon, ipod, perfumes, nina ricci, the wolfpack, AlexKatieTheaRoisinRhiannon, & humming along to unknown tunes.

Blog Archive

Saturday 16 July 2011

Saying goodbye to an old friend.


On July the 15th my childhood was drawn to an end.

The last instalment of Harry Potter was revealed and as we sat down in our seats, my friend Lucinda and I in our crazy Potter glasses, we clutched each other’s hands and whispered ‘This is it. Ten years of our lives comes down to this two and a half hour’s’.

For some people Harry Potter is just another film with high publicity, but for others it is more than books and films, it is part of your mind and has been a friend since you were 7 or 8 for me.
"It all ends," says the poster slogan. A potentially grim statement of the obvious, of course, yet the Potter saga could hardly have ended on a better note. In recent films the magic of Potter had been starting to drift and sag and the tension and anticipation for then end had been pushed aside. But believe when I say the final chapter of the seven books was phenomenal, spectacular and terrifically exciting, easily justifying the decision to split the last book into two. I won’t give away too many secrets, but whether you are seeing it just for the experience, or seeing it because you know every line (ahem), it really is amazing and is just the sort of ending every Potter fan wished for. It was breath taking personally to see the film unfold as it was so close and correct to my imaginative version.

I know there are no silly teams, but I am quite taken to Voldemort, in the film he is menacing and unstoppable. I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that Ralph Fiennes portrays him to perfection, it has to be said.  

Be prepared for tears also, at the beginning it begins with Dobbys grave and when Harry is surrounded by his closest loved ones- I swear I was watching through a watery film, it may have just been my Potter specs, who knows?

I may seem obsessive, yes. But this was the ultimate ending and it was performed incredibly.
Hopefully next week I shall see it in 3D too with my other PMF (Potter Mega Fan) Thea as she was in Leed’s this time ):      It will be equally brilliant and likewise sad.
           
But for now the books still live and are displayed like priceless possessions on my bookshelf, ready to be read for the millionth time.

No comments:

Post a Comment